- The clock finally strikes five, and you eagerly recall that it's nearly time for supper (as your grumbling stomach indicates). As you leap up from the task at hand, a sinking feeling comes over you.... Wait.. what am I making for supper?
Can anyone relate??
Here's another of my favorite quickies when it comes to meal time! You can never go wrong with a salad, and fortunately, the possibilities are endless! So run home, throw a piece of chicken on the grill or your George Foreman, and let's get supper going! And when you're done, come back and tell me about YOUR favorite salad combination.. I'm always looking for something new!
(**thanks to my sister for this tasty concoction)
- Spring salad mix with spinach
- 1/4 c. Sweet corn
- 1/4 c. Black beans
- Your favorite salsa
- Light Avocado Ranch dressing, by Kraft
- Tomato chunks (fresh)
- 2 T. Sunflower seeds
- 1/2 c. Avocado, sliced (never cut up an avocado before?? scroll down for tips!)
- Grilled chicken breast, cut into strips
Lightly toss all ingredients together and enjoy! I suggest treating yourself with a chunk of some hearty bread on the side.
Slicing Avocados... the quick 'n easy:
Cut the avocado in half lengthwise and gently pull the two halves apart. The pit will remain in one side. Cut each half in half again, and then carefully pull the pit off the flesh. Make cuts lengthwise as well as across the flesh of the fruit, being careful NOT to cut through the skin. Using a large spoon, scoop all of the cut pieces out of the skin. Easy enough?