Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Gotta have the chocolate!

After my diagnosis, there were many things that I craved... but I think that one of my biggest initial cravings was for chocolate chip cookies. So simple. So delicious. I never realized how much I'd taken them for granted! And thus began my search for a cookie recipe that didn't produce sandpaper rocks... Here's what I found and created!

Ingredients:
  • 3/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
  • 3/4 cup Splenda (or other sugar substitute) 
  • 1/4 cup Splenda/brown sugar blend (or you can use 1/2 cup of regular brown sugar)
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • Dash of salt
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 tsp vanilla
  • 2 1/4 cups of flour
  • 5-6 oz. Ghiradelli's bittersweet chocolate chips (my personal favorites)
  • 1/2 cup chopped pecans (optional)
Beat butter on medium/high speed for about 30 seconds. Add sugars, baking soda, and salt. Beat until combined, then beat in eggs and vanilla. Slowly beat in as much flour as possible, although you may have to stir in some by hand. Stir in chocolate and pecans.

Drop by spoonfuls 2" apart on an un-greased cookie sheet. I use a cookie scoop to make sure that all of my cookies come out to be the same size so I have a consistent carb count in each cookie. Bake at 375 for 8-9 minutes, until edges are lightly browned and cookies have set up.

Yield: 36 cookies      Carbs: approx. 10 per cookie

Gotta love the cookie scoop!

Finished product... delicious!




No comments:

Post a Comment