Unfortunately, many diabetics find carb counting to be difficult, time-consuming, and overwhelming. And to be honest, it can be at times. It does take extra time and dedication. Over time, however, you'll find yourself memorizing the carb content in different foods, which speeds the process up considerably.
As a new diabetic, this little book has been a huge lifesaver! The CalorieKing's Calorie, FAT &Carbohydrate Counter makes it easy to learn how to count carbs.
Ahh. Gotta love this. Here's my favorite things about this book:
- It's small (only about 4x6"), and thus easy to slip in a purse or bag when you're on the go
- It lists almost ALL common foods, arranged by categories such as fruits, vegatables, beverages...
- For each food listed, it tells you the calorie, fat calorie, and carbohydrate content (remember, as diabetics, we need to be careful not to consume too much fat. It slows down how quickly our body can break down carbs, and places us at higher risk of heart attack and other complications)
- It includes common restaurants.... you no longer have to be afraid of eating out!
- There is a section geared toward diabetic eating
- It's cheap! Find it anywhere, including Amazon.com!!
Honestly, I couldn't make it without this book! I keep two.. one in my purse, and another on the kitchen counter so I always have a quick reference on hand. Whether you're a beginner at counting carbs or an old pro... or if you're a non-diabetic looking to eat more healthily, definitely give this book a try!
Here's a quick peek at the inside... great formatting. So user friendly. Love.
|Three columns of numbers, L-R: Calories, Fat Calories, Carbs|