Friday, June 24, 2011

The Start of a Journey

As a food-loving, active 20 yr. old, my world was shaken on May 13, 2011, when I was diagnosed with late-onset Type I Diabetes. Over the past several weeks, God, my family, and dear friends have been faithful to encourage me along as I seek a "new normal" in life.


Whether you personally or a loved one is diabetic, this blog is here to give you the support you need! From one diabetic to another, I know the lifestyle changes aren't easy. Diabetes can be an overwhelming disease, but with help, it is entirely manageable.

And perhaps you aren't diabetic... well, stick around! The recipes and tips in this blog are really for anyone who is interested in building a healthier lifestyle. 

Be patient with me.. it'll take some time as I put together the thoughts, recipes, and facts that I've already collected along the way. But as I'm learning, there is joy in the journey (and tears, too), and ultimately there is hope! I look forward to sharing with you... and all of your ideas and feedback are welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment