Friday, June 24, 2011

Peanut Butter Cookies

Let's get our priorities straight.. dessert must always come first! I'm the sort of girl who could eat dessert with every meal. One of my biggest frustrations as a new diabetic has been finding substitutes sweet treats. Here's one of the first recipes I discovered online for a quick-n-easy, low-carb & sugar free cookie!

Ingredients:

  • 2 cups smooth natural peanut butter (I like Smucker's Natural Creamy Peanut Butter.. only 6 carbs for every 2 tablespoons!) 
  • 2 cups no-calorie sugar substitute (I prefer Splenda or Apriva... I'll explain why in another post!) 
  • 2 large eggs 
  • 3/4 cup of oats 
  • 1 tsp. vanilla 


Directions:Preheat your oven to 350 degrees, and lightly grease a baking sheet. Thoroughly mix together all ingredients. Drop by spoonfuls onto pan. Bake until center appears dry, about 8-9 minutes. Makes about 3 dozen small cookies.

Total carbs in recipe: 137 
Carbs Per cookie (based on yield of 36): 3.8

**Note: These freeze really well! Make them in advance and store in freezer to stay fresh.

And there you have it! So easy, and so delicious. My family couldn't even tell that I'd used artificial sweetener. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment